PROFNIT is a master in National Network, being the result of an effort of the National Forum of Managers of Innovation and Technology Transfer – FORTEC articulated with institutions of higher education.
PROFNIT is also a response to the difficulties of university-company interaction since it is proposed to train masters who act in the interface between the indisciplinary actions and the innovation environments, having a common language, knowledge and experience. In addition, this master’s degree contributes to the creation of a critical mass in Brazil for potential future institutional programs of post-graduation in Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer – PIETT and technological innovation.
PROFNIT aims to meet the national demand for professionals in the Technological Innovation Centers – NITs with solid and integrative training in their competencies. Specifically, it aims to attend graduates who work in the competences required by Law of Technological Innovation Centers (NITs) and servers of Science and Technology Institutions (ICTs) as well as innovation agents in productive environment.
The Federal University of Santa Catarina is one of the 12 Focal Points in which the master’s degree is offered, and the Federal University of Alagoas – UFAL is the coordinating center. The other institutions that participate as Focal Point are: IFBA, IFCE, UEM, UESC, UFBA, UFPE, UFRJ, UNB, UFRR and UNICENTRO.
At UFSC, the Focal Point is linked to Pro-Rector of Research-PROPESQ.
Professional Master’s Degree
PROFNIT – Professional Master in Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer for Innovation in a National Network for Technological Innovation Centers
Training of human resources for Technological Innovation Centers (NITs), with competences in intellectual property (IP), transfer of technology (TT) and technological innovation. However, given the diligence of CAPES itself, this professional master’s degree will also be extended to agents of innovation from other public and private bodies.
OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE / PROFILE OF THE PROFESSIONAL TO BE FORMED
Purpose of the course
Training of human resources at the level of professional masters to act in the competences required by Law of NITs and necessary for other organizations that work in this area.
Profile of the entrant
Graduated professionals who work in Intellectual Property and Transfer of Technology and Technological Innovation within the scope of the competences of NITs besides servers of Institutions of Education and Technology and other organizations that work in this area.
Performance of the egress
It will have the minimum skills to exercise the competencies of NITs and other organizations that work in this area, such as:
– know about legislation and public policies regarding PIETT and technological innovation;
– to know and propose policies to stimulate the protection of creations;
– evaluate the appropriateness of the protection of creations and their dissemination;
– processing applications and maintaining intellectual property titles;
– act in licensing, innovation and other forms of technology transfer;
– promote entrepreneurship culture in public and private environments
It will also have the minimum skills to exercise the competencies to act in the NITs, as modified by the Law of Innovation proposed in PL2177 / 2011 (by voting in the National Congress):
– develop studies of technological prospecting and competitive intelligence in the field of intellectual property, in order to guide the innovation actions of the Institution of Science and Technology (ICT);
– to develop studies and strategies for the transfer of innovations generated by ICT;
– promote and monitor the ICT relationship with companies;
– negotiate and manage technology transfer agreements from ICT.
In their work within the competencies of NITs and other organizations that work in this area, the Master’s degree should have the basic knowledge for the academic-business dialogue, being able to interactively interact with the governmental, business and academic sectors.