- Is the Course already properly recognized / approved by the MEC / CAPES?
A: Yes, the course was approved by CAPES at the CTC meeting on June 18 and 19, 2015. The course has a grade 4 (four).
- Who is promoting the course: UFSC or FORTEC? In other words: will the institution have a diploma?
A: The course is an initiative of FORTEC, which brought together the 12 teaching institutions that are currently participating. The entire academic part of the course, from enrollment to the issuance of a diploma, is the responsibility of the 12 participating universities that are characterized as a Focal Point. These institutions will issue the diplomas, depending on the Focal Point chosen by the candidate.
- Where will the course classes be?
A: The classes will be attended and will be held in the premises of each University / Focal Point.
- I know that Law nº 12.089 / 2009 prohibits concurrent admission to two undergraduate courses (Article 1 is EXPRESS to mention only GRADUATION). I do not intend to graduate if I enter the master’s degree, but I would like to anticipate some impediment (albeit hypothetical).
A: We are not aware of the existence of federal regulations on the subject. The Secretariat of the Focal Point of interest should be formally consulted. (Note: In the specific case of UFAL, there is no restriction that a graduate and postgraduate course should be taken simultaneously.)
- The course is a professional master’s degree, which by definition differs from the academic master’s degree. Is it because of this that there is no stage of selection of dissertation draft? Will there be a dissertation as a requirement for obtaining a master’s degree?
A: The PROFNIT Master is Professional because it aims to equip its students for immediate application of knowledge within the scope of NITs or any other academic, governmental, third sector or business sectors related to intellectual property and technology transfer. The selection process is well reported in the edict and consists of only two steps: A test with 40 multiple-choice questions (eliminatory) and a curricular analysis. No projects will be requested. The definition of the topic of dissertation / course completion work will be done in agreement with the supervisors after the enrollment of students, through a workshop with students / teachers. Obtaining the Master’s Degree is conditioned on the elaboration / defense / approval of a master’s degree dissertation or equivalent course completion work. The content of this document will be defined by the student with the advisor, being validated by the National Academic Committee until the 2nd. semester of the course.
- I would like to clarify a question concerning punctuation in curricular analysis. If I understood correctly, the test will be worth 40 points and the curricular analysis will be worth 200 points. Was that right? Does curriculum analysis really have all that weight in the end result?
A: The PROFNIT National Examination of Access consists of two tests, the test of knowledge being of an eliminatory nature and the analysis of curricula is only classified. Thus, all candidates who score higher than the cut grade and have the highest grades, up to three times the number of places, will be considered approved and go to the second phase. In the second phase, in the curriculum analysis, it has only classification character, but will interfere in the final note of the candidate. Of the 3 candidates per job that go to the second phase, only 1 will be considered APPROVED AND CLASSIFIED and will be called for registration.
Now let’s get to the point question:
1-The first test will be multiple choice (there are 40 questions from 5 alternatives each). This test has a total weight equal to 1.0 (UM). Once you have settled on the 40 questions you will get a 10.00 mark. Who hit 30 questions has 7.50 notes and so on.
2-The second test, curricula, also has the same to 1.0 (UM) – exactly the same weight as the previous one. In the Barema score we have 3 distinct groups of notes, with a maximum of points in Group 1 being 50 and worth 100% of the weight of this group (weight 2). For group 2 who has 35 points will have 100% of the points for the weight 5. For group 3 the candidate who has 60 points will have 100% of the points for the weight 3. Note that if any candidate has more points than expected in each this group will not be considered. Only the limit of each group will be considered for the overall score.
So, for example, consider that a candidate had the following score:
Written test: 9,00
Curriculum: Group 1 – 40 points / Group 2 – 35 points / Group 3 – 20 points
The following account will be made:
Weight of the written test = 1, therefore it is worth the note 9,0.
Group 1: 40/50 = 80% x weight 2 = 1.6
Group 2: 35/35 = 100% x weight 5 = 5.0
Group 3: 20/60 = 33.33% x weight 3 = 1.0
Total sum of groups: 1.6 + 5.0 + 1.0 = 7.6
Applicant’s total grade: 9.0 (written test, weight 1) + 7.6 (curriculum, weight) = 16.6 / 2 = 8.3 (eight integers and three tenths)
If this note corresponds to the top third, the candidate it will be considered APPROVED and CLASSIFIED and will be called to be enrolled.
- I would like to know about the language test for PROFNIT.
A: The PROFNIT National Examination of Access will not have any proof of proficiency in a foreign language. However, once the course is started, approved and enrolled students must prove proficiency or take tests according to the rules of each Focal Point Institution. These procedures will be informed during the enrollment procedure.
- The edict says that the document must be within validity, but the identity card does not show validity. Should I get a new identity?
A: If the document has no expiration date it can be considered valid for proof, as long as it is legible and the photograph allows the recognition of the holder.
- This Master’s program will occur only this year or will calls be made in every year from now? If yes for other years, will the focal points always be the same?
A: The Master of PROFNIT is a Regular Course of stricto sensu, with regular offers, at least once a year. Despite the possibility of extending the course in other cities / institutions, the only Focal Points qualified to offer the course are those included in the edict. Classes will be offered at the timetables and at the headquarters of the Focal Points listed in Annex 5 of the Invitation to Bid.
- I would like to know how an educational institution can become a focal point for PROFNIT.
A: PROFNIT should expand its activities through a national call for new teachers and new institutions. Once the call has been published, the institutions are expected to have Ph.D. professors, scientific and technological production compatible with what is required for the area and level of the course, in addition to the training courses in IP & TT. As the course is still new, there is no deadline for such a call.
- How to prove certain experiences such as Professional work directly related to the area of intellectual property, technology transfer and innovation:
A: If you have worked in any company, government agency or equivalent, it is sufficient to present a copy of the employment contract with the appointment of the function. If it is an autonomous professional activity, present proof of services rendered to clients, copies of processes, or equivalents.
- The notice states that I must present institutional or business declarations. I worked on innovation projects, but how can I prove that the projects I worked on were innovative? What information must be contained in this statement to be accepted?
A: The statements should contain the deadlines for project execution, funders, full name of the project, coordinators, function performed, etc.
- About Deposit / trademark registration or software registration, as inventor / author / developer. I participate in a project where the brand was registered by my colleague and I am a developer / programmer of the project, how can I prove this?
A: The developer / developer activity in a project does not characterize the specific Intellectual Property activity (brand protection, in this case), so this item will not be punctuated in this question. Only those activities directly related to PI & TT or Innovation will be computed.
- High score of article or chapter of books published in journals in the area of intellectual property, technology transfer and innovation: – Indexed – 10 points / publication – Not indexed – 5 points / publication: Copy of the first page of the published work – doubt What should be considered the first page in the case of a book? In one of my publications, as there were several authors, my name is not on the cover or first page, but on the page dedicated to authors.
A: In this case, to punctuate the item, send the copies of the cover, catalytic record, summary and the chapter of the book where your name is recorded as the author.